Why Do I Need Oregon Solar Power?
Solar power is becoming the fastest growing sector in the private and public power sector. Many people, businesses, and governments in Oregon are starting to see the benefits of a power solution that is environmentally friendly and can be scaled to meet their exact power needs.
Solar power in Oregon has exploded in recent years with a combination of increased state and federal government incentives and lower costs. With this dramatic expansion of the solar industry, there are many companies offering solar power services. Having so many to choose from can lead to some confusion about getting the best price for a solar installation.
How Do I Pay For Oregon Solar Power?
Finding the right price for Oregon solar power is one of the hardest parts of getting a solar power installation. This is in large part due to how many startup companies there are that deal in solar power installations. In a recent NY Times article, Paul Detering, the CEO of Tioga Energy, stated that Tioga had increased their payroll by over 50% in the first few months of 2010 to deal with the increased demand.
Because of the many differnet options available, it is essential that an individual or organization knows what their options are. These options can be broken down into three main categories:
- Directly Financed – As the owner of the solar installation it might make sense to finance the installation yourself. Keep in mind that many companies cannot afford the initial solar installation to get Oregon solar power, so it might be necessary to get a long-term loan to pay for the installation. Also, all of the logistics and cost of maintaining the solar power installation are paid for and managed by you.
- Investor Financed – An alternative to paying for the system yourself would be to find investors who would be willing to finance the project. This can mean that you can pay for the installation without having a large cash payment or a loan, but it also usually means that you need to give up some ownership in your company. Also, as with self financing, you must cover the cost of maintenance.
- Solar PPA (Power Purchase Agreement) – This is a realtively new instrument in financing a solar power installation. Essentially, a Solar PPA is like rent controlling your utility bills. The company offering Oregon solar power through a PPA takes care of financing, installation, and maintenance. You just pay a fixed rate for your power consumption.
What is a SurePath™ Solar PPA?
A SurePath™ Solar PPA, or Power Purchase Agreement, is a long-term agreement between Tioga Energy and a customer to provide solar electricity at guaranteed long-term rates. Tioga provides the design, financing, maintenance and support for all elements of the solar electricity system, including management of rebates and other government financial incentives.
How Much Maintence is Required for Oregon Solar Power?
This comes down to the kind of Oregon solar power contract that was signed for the installation. If it was merely a installation contract, then a lot of work, over the course of several years, will be needed as solar panels need to repaired.
If, on the other hand, a Solar PPA was the contract to provide Oregon solar power, then no maintenance is required by the person who recieves power. All of this is taken care of by the provider of the installation.
How can a SurePath™ Solar PPA Help Me Get Oregon Solar Power?
Solar PPAs are for individuals or organizations that require Oregon solar power, but don’t necessarily have the means to pay for the installation of one themselves. Customers pay only for the power generated by the factility—not solar equipment or installation—greatly reducing the risk and complications of implementing a solar electricity solution.
Since a SurePath™ Oregon solar power has only one cost associated with it, your company will be able to save money over the course of the contract. Because the electric rate never goes up, your relative cost will go down. This allows almost any company to save.
What Does a SurePath™ PPA for Oregon Solar Power Include?
- Design: Each solar installation is designed and optimized for your facility and operations needs.
- Construction: Tioga engineers the system and buys and installs all system components eliminating any need for you to make capital investments or manage multiple contractors.
- Ownership and Maintenance: Tioga provides all necessary maintenance, upgrades and repairs so you can concentrate on your business—not on becoming a solar energy expert. And as the owner, Tioga provides insurance on the system.
- Incentive and Tax Credit Management: Tioga completes and tracks all filings for tax credits and government incentives.
- Metering and Billing: Tioga meters solar electrical output for individual systems and bills monthly for the energy produced.
- REC Dispatch: Tioga will manage the distribution of Renewable Energy Credits as agreed upon in individual PPAs.